Thursday, April 9, 2009

My So-Called Life

So I have created this blog, not because I think my life is overly exciting or anything like that, but because 1) I simply need another way to vent about things haha 2) I feel my life is at a crossroads and may need some opinions and finally 3) so many of my closest friends do not live anywhere near me and due to the fact that our lives are crazy busy we may not get to talk to each other as often as we hope to :-(




Let's see.. Some important information...





1) I FINALLY graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University on December 13, 2008!!! It was so surreal! I just remember thinking to myself, "is it really time? Did I actually do this? What happens now?" haha Thankfully, my best friend Meagan sat in the row in front of me and was able to help me get through the most boring commencement speech of all time!!! Grr!


Meagan and I were each other's first friends at SFASU thanks to being assigned as roommates for Freshman Orientation and have remained the best of friends ever since!!!



Me and Meagan before walking across the stage!!

2) 2009 started off with a bang as my best friend Chantel Wendel married her long-time love, Charles Ray, on January 3rd in Denton, TX!! After 6 years of dating it was about time!! lol I was so lucky to be chosen as her Maid of Honor and considering it was my first time to be in a wedding EVER it was exciting, sometimes stressful, and amazing!!!


The Newlyweds! Mr. and Mrs. Charles Ray


The Bridesmaids: Jenny, Me, Mary, and Meagan


Me performing one of my MOH duties :-)



Chantel and her bridesmaids being our true selves haha



Me and the Best Man, Michael, havin' fun before the reception!

3) Unfortunately, I was not able to find a job opportunity in the middle of the school year, so I have been substitute teaching at Wells Middle School in Houston, where I student-taught and attended middle school myself.

I sometimes question my career choice, but I know in the end, there is nothing else I see myself doing. As challenging as it is 98% of the time, I love those kids to death and think of them as my own at times.

I am so tired of subbing however, and am really ready to have my own classroom!! I am still applying for jobs and attending job fairs, so I hope something comes up soon!!!

4) I have received some UH-MAZING news recently!! My former roommate, and best friend, Brittany is expecting her first baby!!! I am so happy for her and her boyfriend, Cory, and can't wait to meet him or her!! The only sucky part is that they live in Sierra Vista, AZ and I haven't even seen her since August!! She is exactly 9 weeks preggo today and sick like a dog, but I know she is really excited and so am I!!

For some reason it will not let me upload her 8 week ultrasound pic, but I'll try again soon!!!

I promise that my blogs won't always be this long haha ....



1 comment:

  1. hey there! keep your head up. you seem pretty positive about your career choice. some of us are just made this way. i wasn't sure that what i'm doing was going to be IT either. the more i do it, the more i'm sure. i look forward to reading :-) ttys!

    ReplyDelete